Tuesday 21 June 2011

Bus Journeys, Buffets and Ruined Castles

Yesterday was a day filled with spending time revising and treating myself to a nice break from it!

Due to the fact that the car was at the garage we had to take the bus to Stafford, which the partner absolutely LOVED! He gets excited when he has to take the bus as he thinks its relaxing and he doesn't have to do any driving. I, on the other hand get frustrated with public transport and would much rather be in a car then a smelly bus full of wierdos!



After I'd been to my revision session, got the car back and spent a few hours revising french grammar (I know, I lead a life full of fun!) it was time to eat, so we decided to treat ourselves and go out. We got ourselves all dolled up and made our way to Penkridge to a buffet restaurant that had not long opened. It had Indian, Italian, Thai and Chinese food which was nice due to the fact that you can have a bit of whatever you fancy, and if you're feeling frisky you can even mix the different types of cuisine =0!!!

After we'd had way too much to eat we went for a quick wander our Penkridge and came across the church which was a lovely little secret hidden away in the corner.


Once we made our way back home we were in Stafford and came across some signs to Stafford Castle, I mentioned to the partner that I'd like to go one day and see it again so that's exactly what we did. The only downside of going to visit a castle after you've been for a meal is that you're not exactly dressed for the occasion, this was definitely my dilemma....I was in the highest pair of heels that I own and we ended up having to walk up a lovely steep hill, by the time we got to the top I was knackered!!! However I had my phone with me and managed to distract my mind from my blistering feet by experimenting with the lighting as it was around 9.30pm and the sun was setting, here are the results ( the quality isn't great due to not actually using a real camera!) Sorry!




1 comment: