Sunday 12 June 2011

That's why I'm Easy....Easy like a Sunday morning

Good afternoon all!

Last Sunday as a last minute plan I decided to join Beth and another friend to go and watch a friend take part in a "Pole Fitness Show", the name pretty much speaks for itself. It a group of girls (and two guys) at different levels all showing off their talents who all take part in Pole Fitness Lessons and I have to say some of these girls were extremely talented...yes the first thing that people think of when you say Pole Dancing is a sleezy gentlemans club with half clothed women dancing for money but it isn't at all like that.

The quality of the pictures are not that great as the lighting wasn't the best to work with, there was a lot of movement going on and it was on a camera phone!!

As you can see these girls have a lot of talent and must have taken hours of training to get it just right, also, I'm sure it took a lot of guts to go up there and show the audience what they had.

This is Sarah, who is the friend we went to see, she's extremely talented but unfortunately I was only able to get this picture of her climbing the pole as I was not quick enough to catch her posing!

Other than this I haven't been doing much recently, just preparing for the EXAMS!! and working! However, as today is Sunday I thought I'd treat myself to some lovely American Pancakes so I thought I'd share the recipe I use each time and has never failed to taste just as good as you expect....Thank you Mr Jamie Oliver




Ingredients



  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 115g Plain Flour
  • 1 Heaped Teaspoon of Baking Powder
  • 140ml Milk
  • A Pinch Of Salt
Method

First separate the eggs, putting the whites into one bowl and the yolks into another. Add the flour, baking powder and  milk to the yolks and mix to a smooth thick batter. Whisk the whites with the salt until they form stiff peaks. Fold into the batter – it is now ready to use.

Heat a good non-stick pan on a medium heat. Pour some of your batter into the pan and fry for a couple of minutes until it starts to look golden and firm.

As you can see it is extremely simple and a lovely treat for anyone on a lazy sunday morning. Just a few little tips, I find that you can do at least two pancakes at the same time in a large frying pan without them sticking together, I also find that using butter in the pan not only stops the pancakes sticking but also gives it an extra little taste. Also you can tell when to flip the pancakes when bubbles begin to appear on the top, and finally, my personal favourite way to serve these is with some bacon straight from the grill and generously covered in Maple Syrup, not forgetting a side serving of a glass of orange juice and freshly brewed coffee...the american way!!

ENJOY!!

Finally here is a little song to complete your Sunday....yes I know its no longer morning but I find that Sundays feel like it's the morning all day, and that's the way it should be...

HAPPY SUNDAY MORNING TO EVERYONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment